Tuesday, 19 January 2010

My first face-to-face interview

Funny enough, I wasn’t nervous about this interview like I had been for the others. I was excited and feeling ready to meet my new co-workers (a little overconfident, I know). I was very relieved to have allowed some extra time for travel. Once again, someone had thrown themselves onto the train tracks and interrupted my transportation. Not to worry, I took a quick think and came up with a new route in under 5 minutes without the help of any maps or iPhone apps. I was proud of myself [secretly thinking, “Haha, London, I have you now!”]. Despite the trip taking nearly an hour instead of 30 minutes, I still arrived a bit early. The interview itself went well enough; the two therapists were friendly, seemingly knowledgeable, and gave enthusiastic responses to my questions. I was the last interview of the day; they said they hoped to call me with feedback by this evening. Great. What do I do until then?

Unfortunately, I’d have to do my waiting in Starbucks. Sure enough, an hour and half of a mocha later, they called to offer me the position. Of course, I evidently thought I was already working with them so I accepted immediately. Once off the phone, I was relieved and so was our bank account. Now, on to the paperwork…

No comments:

Post a Comment