Friday, 23 April 2010
Saint George’s Day
Next stop on the saint celebrations is George. Again, not much prepatory hubbub around this day either, it’s not like New Jersey where if it was a Jewish holiday everyone was bound to be off. I was in the city and found myself drawn towards music emanating from around a corner. It turns out it was a top floor flat flying a dozen flags of St. George’s cross and blasting royal processional music. There were 2 pubs on the corner with most of the patrons on the street yelling along to the songs. If I only knew the words. There were a few random guys strolling around in chain mail, helmets, swords and wearing St. George’s cross tunics. I left the area with the music still blasting and the pub goers still signing along. Neat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment